The Centre for Marine Biodiversity is organized with two elected offices, the positions of Executive Director and Assistant Executive Director, serving the membership. Visit the Advisory Board page for more information on the CMB executives.
- Terms of Reference for the Position of Executive Director
- Terms of Reference for the Position of Assistant Executive Director
Our current membership consists of university, government, industry and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) throughout eastern and central Canada. More specific information on the various members of the CMB and their current research can be located in the member biographies.
New members of the CMB are welcome! There are four membership categories. Please click here for more information on membership categories and for guidelines on how to become a member of the Centre for Marine Biodiversity.
- Charter Members
- Forty-three Charter members were invited to participate during the formative months of the Society and this category of membership is now closed.
- Individual Members
- Prospective members are welcome at anytime through nomination by a Charter member. If the Prospective member is not known personally to one of the Charter members than someone with similar research interests should be approached using the biographies listed on the website. Prospective members are asked to provide a short letter of introduction and a brief biography for inclusion in the web site. Nominations will be sent to the Membership Committee to formally elect the prospective member into the Society.
- Student Members
- Student members are particularly encouraged and are represented in the Charter membership. Students include those currently enrolled in an educational institution or someone under the age of 25 who may not be currently enrolled in a program but has intent to enroll within a year of soliciting membership.
- Affiliated Organizations
- Organizations, including government bodies, museums, NGOs are invited to become affiliated members of the CMB. A representative of the organization should submit a short letter of introduction, and a brief description of their organization highlighting both the objects of their organization and their interest in the CMB directly to a member of the Membership Committee or the Director. Nominations will be sent to the Membership Committee to formally elect the organization as an affiliate of the Society. This information will be used to post on the web site. Individuals of the organizations should apply for Individual Member status through the above listed process.